Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Chanel Initiation and Fatal Illusion D'Ombres: Swatches and Review

Sparkly? Chanel? Sold!

Illusion D'Ombres are light cream shadows with a mousse-like texture and beautiful complex shimmer. They work best for me when I pat them over a powder shadow with my finger. I love how the beautiful shimmer adds extra dimension to my look.

Initiation is a highly shimmery neutral gold- neutral meaning that it doesn't lean too hard toward the yellow side of golden or too far into cool antiqued gold. Fatal is a light warm purple with fine silver shimmer. Fatal has a much more refined sheen when compared to the larger glitter in Inititation.

A slightly out of focus picture conveys the true beauty:

 

Here is the entire family:

Convoitise and Fatal have the same type of finish, which is much more subtle than their peers. Convoitise is a white gold compared to the deeper and more sparkly Initiation.

Fatal is lighter and more purple when compared to the brownish red Ebluoi. Illusoire is a cooler and deeper purple than Fatal. Epatant is not really relevant in this comparison, but I didn't want it to feel left out.

I highly recommend checking out Fatal and Initiation if you love sparkle and love Chanel. Or if you like to hoard shiny objects. I won't judge.

 

4 comments:

Bellyhead said...

I LOVE that raccoon so much! We are kindred souls! He's my spirit animal!

I'm not sure why I am not a huge fan of the Illusion D'Ombre, but now I realize it was because I was using them solo, but I think your preference of wearing over powdered shadow is definitely a better way. Much more complex!

Martha said...

Belly-

They are okay alone, but so much better as a topper :)

The Driveller Kate said...

*shields eyes*
Oh good lord, Martha, WHY WHY WHY are you doing this to me???

Martha said...

Sorry, Kate, but this is for your own good ;)