Saturday, July 20, 2013

MAC Metallics: Swatches, Review, and Look

I rarely post reviews for MAC collections, since the items disappear from stores before I can get a post up. I wish MAC would calm down with the Limited Edition craze and let items be available for longer. I am more likely to purchase an item when I have time to research and find reviews online.

 

On to the pictures....

I purchased the four metallic single eyeshadows released with MAC Nudes & Metallics. They are all Veluxe Pearl finishes, and they remind me of a time when I was absolutely obsessed with MAC eyeshadows.

These colors are are unique and gorgeous! The textures are soft and intensely pigmented. The shimmer level is a notch below frosty- just perfectly illuminating.

I had in mind that this was going to be a close match to my Tom Ford Burnished Amber quad. The color scheme is similar, but one brand falls short on the texture and it rhymes with Tom Ford. Oops.

 

The Tom Ford quad is lovely, but it takes more work to build up the intensity to my desired level. If the copper red color combination is your thing, definitely track down this MAC collection.

Here is a look with two of the shadows:

I used MAC A Natural Flirt on my lid, and put Crimson Tryst in the crease. I used Brazenly to deepen the crease and define the outer V. Dior Coral Glow Nude Bronze is my cheek color, and Lipstick Queen Saint Nude Pink is on my lips.

Overall, I am thrilled with the Nudes & Metallics collection, and I hope MAC continues releasing winners.

2 comments:

birkinbagbeauty said...

wow, so stunning on you and thank you for comparing with the (overhyped) Tom Ford...MAC's version look so much more vibrant and are so much easier to get :)

makeup magpie said...

Gorgeous look! :) I thought I didn't need these because I have the Tom Ford palette, but it pales in comparison!