Saturday, July 6, 2013

Chanel Presage Cream Blush: Swatches and Review

Chanel has just released a new line of cream blush. Despite my hesitation to use cream products on my oily summer face, I bought two for testing and science. I know, such sacrifice for the greater good.
Presage is a vibrant coral with no shimmer.
The pan is the same size as a Chanel eyeshadow duo.
Sable-Emouvant with Presage:

I rounded up a few blushes in the same color family, or so I thought.

Presage changes color when swatched. It appears to be a teracotta shade on my arm.

Both theBalm Frat Boy and Dolce & Gabbana Rosebud are much lighter and pinker than Presage. Chanel Frivole lacks the warm reddish undertone in Presage. Chanel In Love is pinker than Presage.

On my cheeks, Presage blends out to a nice coral flush. I do have to blend carefully so that the intensity softens and the color looks natural on my fair skin. Check out Wondegondigo for more swatches and a full face picture.

I have tested Inspiration cream blush over the past week, and the formula is wonderful. The cream dries down to a powder finish- great news for combination oily skin! If you love your cream blush to have a dewy finish, you might be disappointed.

The wear time is great. I can get all day color out of these blushes. I tested Inspiration in the humidity and in outdoor conditions, and it held up beautifully.

Overall, I hope Chanel keeps this cream blush formula and adds more colors to the line!

 

2 comments:

LipstickBoulevards said...

oh how pretty ! I am not sold on these tho .. the lasting power is quite isnt great imo .
xoxo

Virginie said...

I prefer from far, my YSL cream blushes. I don't like these so much!!