Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Chanel Gri-Gri Eyeshadow: Swatches, Comparison, and Review

Chanel Fall is already making its way to counters. Crazy, but I don't make the rules. I do, however, love fall collections. The rich neutrals are my favorite type of colors to use.

Gri-Gri is a beautiful silvery taupe single. The texture is soft and the pigment is medium to full in one swipe.

Gri-Gri has a gorgeous silvery shimmer that catches the light in a flattering way. The texture is somewhere between the buttery smoothness of Rouge Bunny Rouge singles and the firmer texture of Guerlain quads.

Here are Gri-Gri's closest friends:

The two shades on the left side of Raffinement are much browner and less shimmery than Gri-Gri. The taupe in Guerlain Les Fumes is a lighter silver in comparison. Rouge Bunny Rouge Delicate Hummingbird is deeper and more purple.

Here is a sparkly sunlight picture:

Overall, I see Chanel Gri-Gri as a staple in my collection. The neutral shimmering taupe works as a simple wash, and it also coordinates easily with many other tones.

3 comments:

Bellyhead said...

oh nooooooo....
I don't need another taupe, but Gri Gri keeps calling me.

Sara BeauTime said...

Thank you very much for the comparison swatches, it looks like a color that everyone should get :-)

LipstickBoulevards said...

ooo gri gri is gorgeous !