Tuesday, March 5, 2013

New Revlon Lip Butters: Swatches and Review

I am trying to get out of my February slump- cold weather, tons of rain, and a sloth-like activity level.

I spotted the four new Revlon lip butters at my local Target, and I felt like spring wasn't far off.

I'll let you know how spring comes along. We are forecasted to get anywhere from 4- 12 inches of snow tonight, so I am going to have to be happy with my spring lip colors for now.
New butters:
Here are the new colors with my two original favorites, Strawberry Shortcake and Tutti Frutti. I have a crazy complicated relationship with lip butters. I love the fun colors, but I find that they dry my lips slightly if I wear them a few days in a row. I just can't find dupes in a better formula of some of my favorite colors.
Tutti Frutti is a sheer but vibrant orange. Juicy Papaya is a sheer pinkish peach. Strawberry Shortcake is a light lavender pink. Pink Lemonade is a milky light pink, almost clear. Sorbet is a vibrant fuschia pink. Wild Watermelon is a pinkish red.

My favorite out of the bunch has been Wild Watermelon! It is such a flattering bright pink on my lips. Sorbet is a vibrant hot pink. Juicy Papaya and Pink Lemonade are both pretty sheer. They are colors you can put on without too much thought to add a glossy shine.

Click here and here to see my swatches of the original Lip Butter line.

 

4 comments:

Modern Grace said...

I wish my Target would get these in stock, already. I've been waiting for weeks, and Revlon says they're not due in stores till April. I love Wild Watermelon.

Dovey said...

Hi Martha,

I had no idea Revlon had new lip butters out! Wild Watermelon and Pink Lemonade look wonderful! I'm reminded to pull out my lip butters now :-)

Jasmine@themakeupfile said...

I love lip butters. I'm more of a simple lip color kind of girl. :)

Katie M. said...

I see Juicy Papaya and Pink Lemonade in my future! Thanks for swatching - any chance of some lip swatches?