Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Urban Decay Glinda Palette: Swatches and Review

Disney has teamed up with Urban Decay for the release of the movie Oz The Great and Powerful. I love a good marketing campaign!

I decided to purchase the Glinda palette. The Theodora palette, which is full of deep smoky browns, is still tempting me though.

Each set contains a palette with 6 pans, an eyeliner, and a lip pencil.

The palette is tin, and has a gorgeous pastel design.

You also get an instruction card for achieving the Glinda look.

The Super Saturated Gloss Pencil is a natural peachy pink.

Rockstar 24/7 Eyeliner is a deep brownish purple.

All pans are removable if you wish.

Two of the shades are split into two separate colors, so you are really getting eight eyeshadow shades.

Swatches:

Tornado is a shimmery warm purple. Aura is a gorgeous iridescent blue on one side and an iridescent pink on the other. I failed to capture the beauty on camera. Magic is a medium bubblegum pink.
Illusion is a light shimmery peach. Oz is a glittery mess of gold on one side and metallic silver on the other. I seriously doubt I will be using this color at all due to the glittery fallout. South is a gorgeous taupe grey shimmer.

I have yet to try this palette on the eyes, but from initial swatches it is beautiful! I love the iridescent quality of Aura and can't wait to try layering it over the other shades. The rich pigment will make South and Tornado a great combination on the eyes. I am less thrilled with the chunky glitter in the Oz duo, but I can deal with one bad color out of the bunch. I will post a look once I have used it. Overall- gorgeous packaging, amazing colors!

5 comments:

Passing fancy said...

Looks amazing! So magical and girly <3

Hunter87 said...

Very girly looks to be a very pretty palette to have.
~Jazmin

Laura said...

Can't wait for mine to come!

Anda Bri said...

I wish the sold aura as a single. It is the sole reason i want this palette!

makeup magpie said...

This is my favorite of the Oz palettes. Loving the look of the "South" shade! :)