Friday, November 2, 2012

Chanel Harmonie du Soir Eyeshadow Palette: Swatches and Review

Another holiday release from Chanel that I was convinced I would resist.

I don't need you Chanel. You don't own me. I'm not part of your system......

 

No matter how much I tried, I couldn't leave the eyeshadow quad.
Harmonie du Soir is a plum, taupe, and gold combination with an impeccable formula.
The eyeshadow formula is the same as last year's Topkapi quad. I love the smooth application, intense pigment, and gorgeous shimmer.
Swatched:

I compared it to Topkapi, which I heard was very similar.

The gold in Topkapi is more yellow toned and sparkly. The deeper taupe in Topkapi is browner, compared to the purplish taupe in Harmonie du Soir. Neither of the other colors are similar enough to compare.

The next question was to Turandot, or not? I say that having both is perfectly acceptable! I might be slightly addicted to taupe and gold though.....

The gold in Turandot is more of a warm peach. The brownish taupe in Turandot is less shimmery and more brown than Harmonie du Soir. The two mauve shades in Turandot are matte and have more warmth than the Chanel palette.

I haven't tested this out on my eyes yet, but I think the colors in Harmonie du Soir are lovely. The formula of this quad is top notch, and shouldn't be missed!

2 comments:

AudreyNola said...

Happy birthday to the ground! Hahaha, love it! Really enjoying your blog :)

carinasantos said...

Oh no! I was so sure I didn't have to get this, because it looked quite similar to Turandot, which I have. Alas... I may have to take a trip to the Chanel counter soon. Those swatches look positively pretty. Hope you can post a look using this quad?

Obviously, no pressure. I don't need handouts, I'm an adult!