Friday, October 19, 2012

My Sample Stash

Recently, Dovey at Cute and Mundane posted a picture of her perfume sample collection. I thought it would be fun to show you my perfume samples.

I love to get samples and try new scents before I buy them. I also like the variety of having a few different ones to choose from.

I store all of my favorites in a votive holder I got from my mom (I think it was from her, but it has been with me for a long time). I am no perfume expert, but I will do my best to describe what I am enjoying lately.

I am loving Coach Poppy for a clean scent with a touch of fruity sweetness. Hanae Mori Butterfly is a sweet warm vanilla scent. It is one of my all time favorites, and I have a full sized bottle also. Taylor Swift Wonderstruck Enchanted is very sweet with a touch of warmth. It isn't one that I plan to purchase the full size of after I use my samples though.

Lancome La Vie Est Belle is a new favorite. It has a slightly warm floral scent when sprayed, but it dries down to a sweet vanilla. I am definitely getting a full size when this runs out! Betsey Johnson Too Too is a fruity and girly scent. I have a rollerball of it that I recently finished. Viktor & Rolf Spicebomb is a heavily spiced masculine scent, but it has an underlying warmth that makes it more unisex. Billionaire Boyfriend is clean and slightly warm, also a unisex scent.

Do you collect samples? I'd love to see them!

 

4 comments:

Dovey said...

Hi Martha, Happy Friday, and thanks for the shoutout :) What a very pretty crystal votive to store samples in! It makes the little vials seem more luxurious. It looks like we have a lot of samples in common! I've been loving La Vie Est Bellw too, and have been working on some sort of writeup. Poppy and its interations have been on my dresser, and I also them to be fruity florals that are nice and easy to wear. I have one of Billionaire Boyfriend too, but I haven't had the chance to try it yet!

makeup magpie said...

I'd love to try the Lancome you mentioned - it sounds great! I always keep a few samples in my desk at work. My favorites are the ones I've received from Bond No. 9 and Jo Malone - it's nice to try them out since I can't always splurge for the full size!

Modesty Brown said...

What a lovely collection and a really lovely way to store them too. I have a sample of the La Vie est Belle too and I love it and have already made Christmas hints!

I have quite a lot of natural perfume samples too and your post has reminded me not to keep them so well hidden that I forget to use them :D

Martha said...

Dovey, your blog always leaves me inspired :) As far as scents go, anything sweet or vanilla is always my type.

Magpie- definitely see if you can sample the new Lancome scent! It is really soft and pretty.

Modesty- That perfume would make a great Christmas idea :) I used to put my samples in a basket under the bathroom counter, but they never got used.