Thursday, May 31, 2012

Blooming Plants, Cool Bugs

I am not much of a gardener, but my husband has been busy planting pretty things lately.

Our hydrengea has a couple blooms, but I need to properly trim it this year.

This purple plant is just starting to bloom, the name escapes me.

Our hostas are monstrous this year and need to be divided again. See the spider?

The lavender has been easy to care for so far and has just started to bloom.

This purple flower blooms every morning and then the flowers die by nightfall. Fresh flowers every morning!

This spiny caterpillar is about the craziest I have seen. We looked him up, and he will be a Question Mark butterfly.

As I was taking a picture of the other caterpillar, the boys found 12 of these in the garden! These will be a Variegated Fritillary butterfly.

3 comments:

Makeup Magpie said...

Great pictures, cool caterpillars! :)

Modesty Brown said...

It was an absolute joy looking at your pictures. The hydrangea flowers you have are so pretty and everything looks so lush and vibrant. I'm going to show my boys your caterpillars tomorrow. :D

Martha said...

Thanks Magpie. I am always inspired by your lovely nature pictures!

Jane- I bet your boys dig up some interesting stuff too :)