Wednesday, April 25, 2012

L'Oreal Infallible Eyeshadow: New Summer Colors!

My sister texted me the other day. She was all "LOL OMG U have G2G to Walgreen's and buy some makeup". Okay, maybe she didn't put it that way exactly, but we do the texting like the young kids.

Anyway, she told me the new L'Oreal Infallible eyeshadows were at Walgreen's. I had been out hunting for them the previous day, but I didn't make it far.

I accepted my new mission, and I did what any good mother would do........I promised the children a special treat if they would ride along to another store and be good for just five minutes while mommy picks out her new eyeshadows. Totally worth it! These little babies are gorgeous.

We will start with Golden Sage, which has been on the permanent display of Infallibles.

Golden Sage is less golden, more minty. It is gorgeously rich and shimmery. Periwinkle Cardinal is lighter and slightly more blue. Nouveau Monde is more olive colored.

Gold Imperial (yes I screwed it up in the pictures) is a lovely bright gold.

It is more of a white gold compared to Eternal Sunshine. Half Baked is more reddish. At the last minute, I decided to pull out Chanel Topkapi to compare. It is close, but Topkapi has more yellow in it.

Gleaming Bronze is a gorgeous antique bronze that I couldn't resist!

It is similar to NARS Paramaribo, but much richer with more depth. Bronzed Taupe isn't even close, but I thought it could give a good reference point if you already own it. Rouge Bunny Rouge Abyssinian Catbird is close, but it lacks the strong yellow gold shimmer. Urban Decay Smog is a much redder bronze.

Lastly is the unique Pink Sapphire. In some lights it looks almost iridescent.

In the shadow it looks warmer. I don't have much in the way of pink eyeshadow to compare, but I think this could be close to MAC Rose pigment without the strong golden shimmer.

These all were very pigmented in one or two swipes without fallout. I haven't tested them on my eyes yet, but they seem to have the same smooth texture and rich color payoff of my other Infallible eyeshadows. I would highly recommend stopping by your local drugstore if you already love these potted pigments.

 

5 comments:

Dovey said...

Hi Martha, I enjoyed the kids' tale :) Pink Sapphire is beautiful! I think this is the first time I've seen a swatch of it.

(I also noticed you're a depotter? For some reason, I found that surprising!)

Martha said...

Dovey,
I depotted most of my Urban Decay since the palettes are so bulky. I also depotted my Rouge Bunny Rouge thinking it would be more convenient to have it all together. I ended up putting the RBR back. It seems that having it in palettes and out of sight made me less likely to use it!

lucyinthesky said...

That sage color is so beautiful! I'm definitely going to go out and purchase it :)

April said...

Thanks for posting! I was debating getting the new ones, but I think I may be able to skip them this time. I appreciate your swatches and reviews!

Martha said...

Lucy, I couldn't leave behind part of the set :)

April, if you decide to go for just one, Gleaming Bronze was the winner of the group in my opinion.