Thursday, April 5, 2012

Burberry Pale Barley Sheer Eyeshadow: Swatches and Review

What a lazy blogger I have been! I am happy to report that my littlest has a brand new set of ear tubes, so things are quieting down around here. Well maybe I shouldn't use the word quiet.....

Burberry Pale Barley eyeshadow has been something I have been meaning to post about for awhile. This is my first piece of Burberry, and I am impressed!

Pale Barley is an eyeshadow single. It comes in a beautiful and heavy silver compact with a plaid design.

The compact has a magnetic closure. It bears the Burberry name on the edge.

Pale Barley is a light golden beige. It is soft, smooth, and full of gorgeous pigment.

 

I have been using this daily as the base color for many different eye looks. It goes with any color combination- purples, browns, green, etc.

Here are my closest comparisons:

Sunlight:

Pale Barley is large investment for a single eyeshadow at $30, but cost per use drives the price down significantly. I have used this color many times in the past two months, which is amazing considering the sheer volume of colors I choose from daily. Pale Barley is soft and shimmering without being frosty or in your face. I highly recommend this lovely color!

 

 

2 comments:

Musing on Beauty said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! I am totally jealous, we have ONE Burberry counter for the whole country and I was there last week (it's not close to home), they hadn't received the Spring collection yet :( This is the one thing I wanted to get.

Dovey said...

The comparison swatches were very helpful--- especially the sunlit one with MAC patina. :)