Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Some Pretty Flowers and Birds

I probably should do more quick swatch posts, but sometimes I am too anal retentive to post things in such an unorganized fashion. I am working on that.....

 I purchased LancĂ´me Les Roseraies after seeing a well worn tester in person. The sparkly pink overspray is incredibly deceiving on this.

In fact, I didn't even bother to swatch the overspray in my picture. If you look at the bottom right corner, you can see the peach and off white under the crazy glitter overspray.

 This has a very subtle effect. The flower (swatch on the right) is a shimmering light pink peach. The middle swatch is the flower and background together. On the far left is a swatch of the background alone. 

 When mixed, this adds a soft sheen and warmth over blush. On even fairer skin, this might work as a blush alone. I am enjoying layering Les Roseraies over cool pink blushes like Illamasqua Katie.

I was so done with Dior quints. Famous last words right?

Dior Garden Party proved to be too amazing to leave behind. 

 It is soft and pigmented, full of shimming pastels. I don't think this will work well alone, these colors need a contrast to not look washed out on my eyes. I do love the unique colors and amazing sheen they have! I look forward to trying some combinations with other colors in my collection.

 And now for some birds:

 I love this pretty hand soap I found at Target. I couldn't resist the birds, but as a bonus they smell amazing!

1 comment:

Dovey said...

I love the spring greens in Dior's garden party. I'm not brave enough to wear them myself, but they are beautiful and just a little different (which is what you'd hope from a Dior!) The target soaps are precious too. I love birds :)