Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Rouge Bunny Rouge Pigment: Swatches and Review

 I recently tried Rouge Bunny Rouge's pigments after having wonderful success with their eyeshadows.

 I love the tube packaging, clean and cute. It is easy to store since it takes up very little space.

 They are like fat lipgloss tubes. Here they are next to a Chanel Glossimer:

 The black top comes off the reveal a stopper with an attached wand.

 

 This applicator helps keep the mess contained.

 

Embrace of Cashmere is a golden beige and Caress of Mink is a cool plum tinged taupe.

 Like Edward, they really shine in the sunlight:

 

I love the gorgeous colors of these pigments, but they did take some building on the eyes. I wasn't thrilled with their staying power even over primer. I think I can chalk up a miss to the Rouge Bunny Rouge pigments. I know many others love theirs, and I wish these had worked better for me.

4 comments:

annie said...

Caress of Mink is GORGEOUS. I like the packaging as well - a lot less messy than MAC's pigment jars :)

Modesty Brown said...

I'm sorry they weren't a success for you. I've not had a lot of experience with pigments (as I'm scared of mess) and I wonder if that's why I haven't been critical of any shortcoming in the level of pigmentation? I have a feeling I have always layered over a cream eyeshadow too. I'm taupe blind I think ;)

Martha said...

I should probably experiment with them over a Paint Pot or other cream eyeshadow. The colors are so gorgeous, I would like to make them work!

Makeup Magpie said...

Aw, it's too bad they didn't work out - the colors looks so lovely in your swatches! :) I still have yet to try anything from RBR but I know it's only a matter of time! I've been eyeing some of their shadows for over a year! :)