Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush: Swatches and Review

Continuing on my brief drugstore interlude........

I admit that in the past couple years I have become a bit of a makeup snob. I have discovered high end makeup without turning back. In the past month, I have returned to Target and CVS to hunt for bargains. In doing so, I have discovered a couple things that deserve a mention. Up next is Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush.
Is it a cream or powder? I would call the formula a cream to powder. When I apply it with my fingers (which I found the easiest), it looses the cream feeling and dries into my makeup. There is no tacky or slick feeling whatsoever. 

Bouncy Blush is lightly domed, and the texture is very interesting. It is definitely soft and spongy. If I press too hard, the dome will depress and leave a dent. If Chanel Illusion D'Ombre had a baby with silly putty, I think this would be the offspring. It lacks the whipped airy feeling of Illusion D'Ombre, but still has the give. It isn't quite as firm as silly putty though.

The compact is small and the flip top is convenient. It isn't particularly beautiful, but the clear lid makes the colors easy to decipher. 
The colors have a satin finish and take some building to show properly. I do prefer a natural finish, so building the color isn't a problem for me. Fair skin will find more use for the lighter colors. On my dry skin, these have great lasting power. They do not emphasize dry patches and give a soft glow. I had an easier time applying these over powder instead of directly over my foundation. 

Overall, I have nothing bad to say about Maybellline Dream Bouncy Blushes. Priced around $8, they are a bargain- especially if you can wait for BOGO and coupons. The texture makes them fun to experiment with and the formula gives a soft glow.

3 comments:

Victoria said...

Uh oh hot tamale and candy coral are calling my name!!

AhCapp said...

Hi Martha,

Thank you for the swatches! I am currently considering these blushes too. Goosh, lots of lovely things have appeared and I'm losing my resistance soon.

Can I ask you, do you apply this blush with a brush or with fingers since it's soft?

Makeup Magpie said...

Thanks for the swatches and review. I've been tempted by these every time I've seen them over the last week or so. They look very nice & I think I'll probably try at least one out very soon! :)