Thursday, January 19, 2012

Maybelline Color Tattoo Eyeshadow: Swatches and Review

 Next up in my drugstore installments, Maybelline Color Tattoo Eyeshadows.

 Maybelline Color Tattoo Eyeshadow promises 24 hour wear. I like long lasting products, but I think 24 hours might be a bit excessive. These did last until I removed my makeup at night with no creasing or fading.

Since the name is Tattoo, Maybelline decided to get crazy with the names. Edgy, Punk, and Audacious are all words used to make us think these little colorful pots will make us look cool. Will they? Well, even the cheesiness of the names doesn't take away from how awesome this product is!

These most closely resemble a MAC Paint Pot. They apply as a light cream and set shortly afterwards. They make wonderful bases, and can also be worn alone.

 A few colors have silver shimmer in them- Teal, Punk, and Asphalt. Tough as Tapue is the only. Matte color in the bunch.

I did a quick swatch of Chanel Ebloui above Pomegranate Punk since I thought they might be similar. the Chanel is sheerer and has a bit more brown. I prefer the Chanel Illusion D'Ombre over eyeshadow for a light shimmer.  I prefer to use the Color Tattoos as a base.

 If you like colorful, long lasting bases, give Maybelline Color Tattoo Eyeshadows a try. I was very impressed with the colors and wear time of these colorful cream shadows.

2 comments:

Hunter87 said...

Great post all the colors look very pretty.
~Jazmin

Dovey said...

Hi Martha, I love how you've been featuring so many drugstore products lately. Your swatches and reviews have been so helpful! I really want to try color tattoo--- especially tough as taupe (and maybe audacious asphalt or bad to the bronze). I hope I can find these somewhere soon :)

P.S. On a side note--- for some reason when I click on your posts the layout has been acting buggy and a grey screen covers the entire post making it impossible to comment or see your beautiful pictures! I usually refresh multiple times and click on different things and it seems to clear. I don't know if it is just me, but I wanted to let you know!