Thursday, December 22, 2011

Rouge Bunny Rouge Habanera: Swatches and Review


Let's take a break from Rouge Bunny Rouge eyeshadow, and switch over to blush. Habanera is a pinkish terracotta color with a satin finish. It doesn't have visible shimmer, but it also isn't completely matte on the skin.
I compared it to Tarte Exposed and Illamasqua Ambition, both of which turned out to be too pink. I swatched Dior Aurora bronzer on my arm as a last minute thought.

The Dior is closest, but lighter and less pink.
Habanera looks deep and orangey in my swatch, but it is surprisingly natural on my light skin tone. It gives a healthy color to the cheeks as a bronzer would, but I can wear Habanera alone just as well. It is soft in texture and lasts all day. I highly recommend Rouge Bunny Rouge blushes, as I have yet to find one that I don't love!

Here is Habanera on the cheeks with Revlon Fig Jam lip butter:

2 comments:

Modesty Brown said...

Ah and just like that, a new Rouge Bunny Rouge item is on my wish list! I love that bottom picture too with the fire in the background. So cosy :D

birkinbagbeauty said...

absolutely stunning. I ventured on my first RBR blush and picked Starina for shading my pale skin. So delightfully milled...love those blushes