Friday, December 16, 2011

Rouge Bunny Rouge Delicate Hummingbird: Swatches and Review

Delicate Hummingbird is a beautiful taupey purple color. It is one of the more talked about shadows from Rouge Bunny Rouge as it is very versatile and flattering on most complexions.
In the world of purples, Delicate Hummingbird is a medium color.  It isn't lavender, nor is it completely taupe.

It has a decently shimmery finish, but still isn't flashy or overpowering on the eye.
I also had to compare it to Chanel Fauve, as they seemed to be close.
In some lights Fauve seems to be deeper. Fauve has silvery shimmer that is separate, while Delicate Hummingbird has a more foiled appearance on the eye.
Fauve also took a few swatches to build up color. If you are not a die hard purple collector, I would definitely recommend the RBR over the Chanel. They are different enough to keep both for me, but I prefer the texture and finish of Delicate Hummingbird.
Delicate Hummingbird is a great starter color if you haven't tried Rouge Bunny Rouge. I think it would flatter most complexions, and the color is easy to wear.  It has the same buttery soft texture as all other Rouge Bunny Rouge shadows I have tried. A winner all around!

2 comments:

Dovey said...

What a gorgeous selection of purples! I think RBR look like the perfect plummy color for the season (well and other seasons too!)

Modesty Brown said...

I think Delicate Hummingbird is my most favourite RBR eyeshadow. I don't own Fauve but it is very interesting to see them compared side by side. It's won I passed up as the European version had a very gritty texture which was a shame as I liked the colour so much. I don't feel so sorry for myself for not getting it now!