Thursday, December 8, 2011

Rouge Bunny Rouge Abyssinian Catbird: Swatches and Review

I will embark upon my Rouge Bunny Rouge eyeshadow swatches now.  This was my first set of shadows, and they come with a warning: once you try them, you will need more! 
Here are the boxes so you can see the artwork on the outside:
Much like the blush, the eyeshadow comes in a small, thin black plastic case. On the outside is some kind of strange flower or fairy, or something pretty.  
Inside is a cool toned greenish bronze color.  I am really not sure how to describe this color, other than awesome. It is so smooth and has just the right amount of shimmer to highlight the eye.
I don't have a similar color, but I swatched it next to some warm colors to give you a better idea of the undertone. Here she is next to the Naked palette:
Smog is a warm bronze, while Half Baked is very gold.
Overall, Abyssinian Catbird is one of the shining stars from Rouge Bunny Rouge. It is a unique color with an amazing formula.  I ordered mine from Zuneta.com and have had a great experience with them so far!

8 comments:

lily.puderquaste said...

oh... i want to have them too. unfortunately the rbr-things aren't available in germany. i would have to order them from the uk.

Alex Kay said...

To me, it looks an awful lot like All About Alex by theBalm!

Kaki said...

Pretty color, nice and rich.

Musing on Beauty said...

Such a unique color, I absolutely love it :)

Modesty Brown said...

Your swatch comparisons are fabulous Martha as I think they demonstrate very well that this is a khaki bronze but not a warm shade. I love RBR and I think Abyssinian Catbird is very special.
Jx

Rachel said...

Man, you said it, sister. These things are like frickin' crack. I just want more and more and more! :/ Thanks for the swatches :D xxx

Makeup Magpie said...

So pretty! I have yet to try any RBR although I've wanted to for the longest time. I think if I could have just one color from RBR this would be it! :)

Flyavsted said...

I just found your blog today... Love it! :) You do the most beautiful FOTD!