Saturday, September 3, 2011

NARS Grand Palais Eyeshadow Duo: Swatches and Review

I was unable to resist the fall duo from NARS. Grand Palais has a soft silver and a warm rose.

The combination looks strange, but trust me, this works! This is the perfect set of neutrals to carry you into cooler weather. It will go nicely with a soft neutral look, or with deep bold lip colors. Messy Wands has demonstrated both looks beautifully.

Here are some comparisons for you:

I actually love using a rosy color in the crease, and MAC Haux is one of my most used eyeshadow colors. I would recommend trying black liner to help ease your pink eyeshadow worries. Pink can give a very natural look.

Both shades in this duo are soft and smooth. They apply with no troubles, and I can see this duo getting a lot of use in the coming months.

3 comments:

Musing on Beauty said...

I haven't ordered it, I'm thinking it's going to be too cool for me, even though it looks so pretty!

Dovey said...

I love this duo! I think I've worn the silver taupe in combinations with so many different shadows in the last month. I agree with you that rose is a really great crease color =)

Rei said...

This duo would look absolutely gorgeous on you as it really complements your naturally rosy and pink skintone :-) I am still a little concerned that the rose shade might make my eyes look even more puffy haha..