Sunday, September 18, 2011

My Skincare Routine

 I have been asked about my skincare frequently, so I decided it deserves a post of its own.  It is nothing astounding, fancy, or life changing.  I like to keep things simple and once I find something I like, I tend to stick with it.  After a few allergic reactions complete with blisters and swelling, I have learned to be less adventurous when it comes to skincare.  


Here are the only things I am currently using on my face:



My morning cleanser is a Dove bar.  I am currently enjoying the Winter Care version, and hope to find it in stores again soon.  I also use this in the shower, and less products cluttering the tub is a plus.  It never leaves me greasy or overly fragranced.  



 I am using First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream to moisturize in the morning and evening.  It is light and faintly scented with peppermint.  Once applied, the scent fades and the cream sinks in quickly.  I also use this as my body moisturizer.  



At night I use Shu Uemura Cleansing Oil to remove my waterproof makeup and foundation.  I usually follow up with a warm washcloth to lightly exfoliate.  It is lightly scented with a fresh smell and emulsifies with water to rinse clean.



To make sure I am totally clean, I follow up with Clean + Clear Sensitive Cleanser.  It is not scented and leaves skin totally clean without stripping it dry.  



There you have it, a simple skincare routine.  I have tried different night creams and exfoliators only to find myself breaking out or getting blotchy.  Less is more (except when it comes to makeup of course).

5 comments:

makeup merriment said...

I always love knowing what ladies with gorgeous skin are using! Thanks for sharing your routine. I have been wondering about the First Aid cream for sometime. It has loads of wonderful reviews on QVC. I know now I'm going to take the plunge and order it.

Dovey said...

I like how practical your routine is. Lately I think I agree with the "simple is better" mantra!

Mar said...

Thank you. It is a simple routine because perhaps we do not need so many products, only cleanse and hydrate. I think that you also have pretty good skin and you do not need extra care.

Rachel said...

Cleanser twins! I've been using the C&C Sensitive for like...13 years? Something crazy like that. I've been wondering what the secret is to your flawless/poreless skin, and just as I thought..there really isn't one. Great genetics..you have them :D xxx

Martha said...

I did get pretty decent decent genes when it comes to skin, but I forgot to add another part of my routine- stay out of the sun!!!

Rachel- I love me some C&C lol