Friday, September 30, 2011

Laura Mercier Canyon Cheek Melange: Swatches and Review

 Laura Mercier is one of those brands I always admire, but rarely buy.  I was recently persuaded to try the fall blush, Cheek Melange in Canyon Sunset.



Canyon Sunset is larger than the regular Laura Mercier blushes and includes three separate colors. It also has a shimmery overspray. Check out The Beauty Look Book for swatches of the separate colors.



When swirled together, this blush is a warm pink color with a glow.  It doesn't have shimmer past the top layer, but it isn't completely matte.




Here are some comparison swatches:



Applied, I found this blush a bit too warm for my liking.  I think it would be gorgeous on slightly warmer or deeper skin.



A miss for me, but Laura Mercier has some things worth looking at this fall.  Karla Sugar has swatches of the entire collection.

No comments: