Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Guerlain Les Gris: Swatches and Review

Guerlain has recently revamped their collection of eye shadows, releasing new four color quads.  I  don't have much experience with Guerlain eye shadows, but I love my Bal de Minuit Quad.


 The heavy silver compact comes in a velvet pouch.



Here are some size comparisons for you, old Guerlain on the left, Chanel quad on the right:



L-R: Guerlain Bal de Minuit, Les Gris, Chanel Kaska Beige


The case has a secure magnetic clasp, and I think the layout is much prettier inside than the previous compacts.


The finishes are wonderfully varied, and the texture is smooth.  They are sheer in the sense that they can go on subtly, or be built for maximum impact. I experienced no chalkiness or uneven texture.  The only bit of fallout was from the metallic silver.


This is a beautiful combination of colors in a gorgeous compact!  Guerlain has done a wonderful job, and I will be looking to try a few more.



No comments: