Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Could I Possibly Interest You In A MAC-Over?

MAC Me Over was a large release from MAC, and I partook.

I will start with Fluidlines: 

L-R: Avenue, Dark Diversion

I am always a fan of MAC Fluidlines and use Blacktrack daily.  I wish they would expand their range of permanent colors, but I settled for a couple limited edition colors instead.

Avenue is a deep cool brown with golden specks of shimmer.  Dark Diversion is a warm burgundy purple with a subtle shimmer.  Both apply easily and wear all day.  They will be a welcome addition to my usual black liner.


The eye shadow selection was full of lovely neutrals.  I ended up choosing four singles.  

 L-R top: Creamy Bisque, Outre, Mythical
bottom: Carbonized

I wouldn't say that any of these colors are life changing, but they are nice.  Some are nicer than others though.  

Creamy Bisque is a light shimmery pinkish white.  I had trouble building this to into a very visible color on my eyes and in the swatch.  

Outre is a matte camel color.  It is soft and pigmented.  It makes a wonderful color to warm up a neutral look and blend out a crease color. This may be my favorite of the bunch.  

Mythical is a shimmery reddish copper.  It has good pigmentation and gives a fun twist to a neutral brown look.  

Carbonized is a deep shimmery blackened brown.  It is smooth and decently pigmented.  If you have Urban Decay MIA or Darkhorse, you might find this color redundant.  I should have done a comparison swatch.

 L-R: Creamy Bisque, Outre, Mythical, Carbonized

Here is a simple look using Outre and Carbonized in the crease and Patina and Creamy Bisque on the lid.  I also used Avenue Fluidline.


The verdict is out with the Lady Grey quad.  I enjoy the soft mix of neutrals, but had trouble with creasing.  I also worked to build the taupe into a visible color on my lids.  I will experiment further before I fully decide.




 The colors are All Races- a matte light pink, Tendersmoke- a shimmery light greyed purple, Lady Grey- a dusty pale aqua with shimmer, and Hazy Day- a light shimmery beige taupe.




MAC Me Over had hits and misses for me, but it definitely deserves a second look.  Especially if you are a neutral loving fool like me!

No comments: