Saturday, September 24, 2011

Chanel Illusion D'Ombre: A Roundup of Sparkles


Since testing the waters by purchasing Epatant Illusion D'Ombre, my collection has grown at an alarming rate!  Like a greedy raccoon hoarding shiny objects, I have acquired three more of these beauties.




Illusoire is pictured above with the included brushes.  I occasionally use a brush to apply these, but have found it easiest to apply these shadows with my finger.  Gently pat the color over or under your powder shadow. 



The texture is very unique- a spongy mousse. They feel incredibly light and slightly creamy going on.  They last all day on my eyes without creasing, although I always use primer underneath.




They are packaged in a heavy glass container with a black screw top lid.  



 L-R: Epatant, Illusoire, Emerveille, Ebloui


Overall I highly recommend you try these shadows.  They are shimmery without being chunky and can be as subtle or over the top as you choose.  You get what you would expect from Chanel- high quality product in a beautiful package!

4 comments:

Dovey said...

A completely gorgeous set of pots!

I have to say the raccoon was a fun and unexpected addition too =P

Rachel said...

Gah, pretty overload. I had totally written these off, but I think I'm going to have to eat crow (which is nothing new) and give these a real whirl. I'm thinkin' Ebloui and Emerveille are my two targets. Thank you for the great swatches!! <3 xxx

Rachel said...

OH, and...I choked on my water laughing when I scrolled down to the raccoon shot..lol. Nicely done :D

lexi920 said...

I only have one - Emerveille and I love it. I thought it was going to be too light for me because of my dark skin but I reach for it when I only want to wear an easy single shade on my lid with just lots and lots of layers of mascara!