Thursday, September 1, 2011

Brow Tutorial: How To Frame Your Face

Brows are an important part of a finished look. I used to not fill my brows, but once I started, there was no turning back. I don't feel finished without a little polishing.

Here are the tools of my daily look, Anastasia Brow Powder Duo in Medium Ash and Anastasia Duo Brush #7:

I have already tweezed and shaped my brows beforehand.

I find it is best to work with your general shape and not over correct too much. Don't try to go for a high arch if it isn't there, or try to make thin brows out of a naturally full shape.

First I comb upwards and out with the spoolie end of my brush:

Taking a mixture of both colors of powder, I start on the bottom inner corner of my brow. I use the angled brush to gradually build the color and shape:

Next I work on the upper line and arch of my brow. I try to thicken and shape the middle of my brow:

This is how things look now. The front of the brow and arch are more defined and thickened:

The last area I fill is the tail of my brow. I sweep downward and thin the line:

Comb with the spoolie again and check your overall shape:

Here they are for comparison, filled on your left:

And now, through the magic of cosmetics, here is a completely finished eye:

I hope this tutorial was helpful!

2 comments:

Makeup Magpie said...

Thanks for the tutorial. It is amazing what a difference filling in brows can make, and also the shape of the brows makes a huge difference in overall look. Whenever I skip this step I feel like my face is incomplete! :)

JennaP said...

I had to subscribe b/c I love the way your attitude shines through your blog! So much fun to read - and you are so gorgeous! Can't wait to read more :-)