Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Guerlain Rouge Automatique Cherry Blossom Swatches and Review

Guerlain is a brand I haven't tried much from, partly because of the high price point. The packaging always interests me and so does the quality of the products.



Rouge Automatique is Guerlain's addition to the soft sheer lipstick formulas most brands have come out with recently. Sheer is a relative term as you will see.

Packaged in shiny gold, the lipstick bullet slides out through a nifty trap door.

I didn't take a comparison shot, but the tube is smaller and lighter than Dior Addict. It is a bit bigger than a Chanel lipstick.

Cherry Blossom is a luminous neutral pink.

It is perfectly soft and applies exactly like a smooth balm.

It is not as warm or opaque as Chanel Gardenia. It is not as sheer or warm as NARS Mayflower.

It is a very wearable brightening pink.

Here it is on the lips. I used Rouge Bunny Rouge Orpheline and Becca Nymph on my cheeks. I used an old Lancome holiday palette on my eyes.

Perfectly pink! I am left wanting to try at least on more color of Rouge Automatique- maybe a nude.

2 comments:

PerilouslyPale said...

That's really pretty on you. I haven't tried any of the new Rouge Automatiques yet.

Martha said...

They are wonderful- be prepared to get a few if you try one :)