Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Chanel Topkapi vs. Urban Decay Naked

I figured maybe this comparison would help someone out there. Urban Decay Naked is warmer than Chanel Topkapi, but they have some similarities.




Urban Decay Half Baked is a rusty warm gold. The gold in Topkapi is more of a true gold with a bunch of shimmer.

Smog is pretty similar to the bronze in Topkapi, but Topkapi is still a bit cooler in tone.


Urban Decay Darkhorse is a deep brown. Chanel Topkapi is more of a blackened brown. It also is more pigmented than Darkhorse.

Urban Decay Sidecar is a beige taupe with annoying glitter fallout. Chanel Topkapi is a cooler toned, and lighter taupe.




Would I give up either of these palettes? Of course not!!

4 comments:

Ava said...

Thanks, Martha. I thought they might be similar too, but didn't compare as closely as you have. I did note, however, that several shadows in the Urban Decay palette are ashy on tanned or darker complexions. Using Nars eye shadow primer helped solve that issue. Topkapi, which is more richly pigmented, requires nothing.

Martha said...

I agree Ava- the UD palette requires more work and blending from me, whereas the Chanel was perfect in a few swipes.

lexi920 said...

Because I don't have the Naked Palette, I will really need this. I've been seeing lots of lovely photos of this Chanel palette. And I've yet to own at least one!

Martha said...

Lexi- Topkapi would make an excellent first choice if you don't own any Chanel palettes :)