Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Chanel Ebloui Illusion D'Ombre Shadow Swatches and Review

Ebloui is a sneaky little color. I thought I knew what to expect after seeing several pictures and swatches, but this color is unique.

In some lights it looks brown, in some it appears more burgundy.

Here it is swatched with the liner brush and also with my finger. Reddish brown? Cranberry?

You can see it has some silvery shimmer in there.

Ebloui has the same great lasting power as I experienced from Epatant, although I wore them both over primer. I am having fun experimenting with these shadows and adding some sparkle to my usual makeup look.

2 comments:

Hopelessly Devoted To Makeup said...

I have Illusoire and I'm impressed with the quality and how you can sheer these out so they are not too overpowering. I wonder if this color compares to RBR in Bejewelled Skylark by chance? I already own MAC's Cranberry shadow, it's easily one of my favorites. This color is totally up my alley. Thank you for the pics and swatches.

Martha said...

I'd say RBR Bejewelled Skylark is more brown while Ebloui is cranberry colored. I used them together here:

http://planetmartha.blogspot.com/2011/07/ebloui-plumetis-fotd.html

I hope that helps!