Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Chanel Monte Carlo Rouge Coco Shine: Swatches and Review

Well I finally decided to try Chanel's sheer lipstick offering for spring: Rouge Coco Shine.

I had a sampler of four colors and decided to try Monte Carlo.


As always, I was very happy with the shipping and samples from Chanel.com. Everything arrived quickly and in a black Chanel pouch.

The shine formula is in a smaller tube than the Rouge Cocos.

It is slimmer and lighter.

Monte Carlo is a reddish pink strawberry color.

It looks pretty sparkly up close, but the shimmer isn't obvious on the lips.

One swipe is a sheer barely there stain, but the color can be built up for more impact.

Monte Carlo looks close to NARS Mayflower, but it is cooler toned and deeper on the lips.

Monte Carlo leaves behind a nice stain long after the glossy effect fades.


I would definitely try more colors in the Rouge Coco Shine formula, although I will be sticking to the deeper colors. The glossy effect fades pretty quickly with this lipstick, but it leaves a nice natural stain on the lips.

2 comments:

PerilouslyPale said...

I'm so sad that I was so completely underwhelmed by these. I absolutely adore Chanel but these were the first big disappointment I've had in a while :-( Hopefully you have better luck!

Y said...

Youre lucky to have a sampler! It looks really nice