Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Chanel Gardenia and A Confession

I haven't been posting much personal information lately, but I would like to make a confession......


I am pregnant. Hugely pregnant. Like 39 weeks and a few days right now.


This will be my fourth boy. I am so excited for him to get here, and also get out of my body.


Seriously, quarters are quite cramped at the moment. So if I don't respond to comments, you know what is happening :) I have plenty of posts scheduled to go.


As a mom of four sons, I was happy to treat myself to a new pink lipstick for Mother's Day. There were also blueberry pancakes and an awesome nap involved.


Chanel is a very trusty brand for me- always pretty, classic, and high quality.


I chose Rouge Coco in Gardenia, a limited edition color making another appearance for the summer collection. I believe this was a Neiman Marcus exclusive when the Rouge Coco formula was first introduced.

Gardenia is a medium neutral pink with subtle frost. Not crazy 80s frost, just a slight shimmer to give the lips depth.


Here is Gardenia alone:

I used Chanel Pink Explosion on my cheeks and the Too Faced Naked Palette on my eyes.

Here is Gardenia with a layer of NARS Turkish Delight lip gloss:


I still heart the Rouge Coco formula. It is long lasting, non drying, and full color.

Here are some other pinks to give you an idea of where Gardenia falls on the color spectrum.


Chanel wins again! Classic and pretty.

8 comments:

K said...

Hi Martha,

I've never commented before, but I couldn't miss the chance to wish you a safe and healthy delivery.

You and I have similar coloring, and I enjoy looking to your blog for new makeup ideas. Can I just say that I've been reading it for months and I NEVER suspected you were pregnant! When you come back from your maternity break, you will have to spill your secrets for keeping your skin so beautiful and not gaining any weight in your face.

Again, congratulations on your blessed event!

PANNA said...

Fabulous news, congratulations!!!

I am likewise a longtime lurker, first time commenter and I echo K's observation that you look great! I hope the next few days will go well and that the delivery will be quick and "easy!" God bless you and your family!

Sabrina said...

Congratulations! You are always glowing. I imagine now that you are pregnant you will be extra glowy :)

Best wishes to you and your family for a safe and healthy pregnancy and delivery. I'm beyond thrilled for you. I don't know how women do it with kids. It's just amazing the dedication, sacrifice and time.

I can barely handle my 2 dogs and my husband lol.

CONGRATS again!!!!

Dovey said...

Congratulations! Best of luck when he decides to come =)

Tracy said...

What a lovely surprise!!! Congratulations on your soon-to-be little bundle of joy. And now it all makes sense... your skin is looking really luminous as of late and there's a this glow about you. Thanks for sharing with us this news!

aretha said...

congratulations martha :)!

Makeup Magpie said...

Congratulations! Gardenia looks very pretty :)

lexi920 said...

That's so awesome and congrats! We are hoping to try to add on to our family by the end of this year. I would love a boy because my husband could not handle another "mini-me" haha