Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Estee Lauder Wild Violet Palette Swatches and Review

Estee Lauder isn't just your Grandma's brand anymore. The times, they are a changing.


But unlike Bob, Estee Lauder is looking prettier in her old age. Sorry Bob.

I almost passed on the Wild Violet Palette. I mean, how many neutrals can one girl have (don't answer that). I was sure to have exact dupes somewhere.


I love the sleek golden case with the fancy lettering. So pretty to look at.


Inside is a generous mirror and sponge applicators which I have removed.


The colors are a light shimmery golden beige, a medium warm brown satin, a shimmery copper, and a greyed medium brown satin. They all surround a deep blue violet that has a bit of shimmer as well.

Well how does this compare to my other neutrals? Here it is next to shades from the Urban Decay Naked palette. The Urban Decay shadows are all much shinier and not matches.

I love the color combination in Wild Violet. It is a mix of high shimmer and soft satin colors that all work well together. I am looking forward to trying out a few different looks from this versatile palette.

1 comment:

lexi920 said...

I still want this palette but I did catch a sneak peek at the Summer palette. I might hold out for that one.