Sunday, January 2, 2011

Wet N Wild ColorIcon Sugar Plum Fairy Palette Swatches and Review

I find myself at Kroger often, weekly to be exact. I love Kroger, and my store has a pretty decent beauty section. Look what came home with me last week:


I have been hearing butt-loads of raves for the new Wet N Wild palettes out this Christmas. For $5, I decided to take a risk. I know, I am super crazy like that.


Sugar Plum Fairy has six purple colors, cool on the left and warmer on the right. It also comes with a mini purple eyeliner.

For $5 I am reasonably impressed. I don't feel the need to track down anymore, but I probably won't kick this out just yet either. The colors are nicely pigmented, but I did experience fallout and some glitter. The bottom deep brown is the clear winner. I think you would need to use it wet or over a deep base to get the full effect. It is packed with loads of tiny copper shimmer. The pencil was a bit waxy and hard to get color payoff.


Verdict: If you have $5 to blow and are looking for some fun, try out a Wet N Wild palette. Don't expect these to rival your Dior or Chanel, and I think you will be pleased.

No comments: