Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Too Faced Romantic Eye Palette Review and Swatches

Too Faced has a new collection of shadows out called the New Romantic Eye Palette. This palette has shades of purple, taupe, and gold which all have wedding themed names. I love neutrals and palettes, so this was a no-brainer for me :)

Here it is next the Naked Eye Palette (review to come soon) which somehow ended up in my possession as well yesterday.


I was happy to see that Too Faced got rid of the bulky brush drawer and trimmed the size of Romantic Eye down quite a bit. Who really uses the brushes that come in sets anyway?

It closes with the same hidden magnet as the other Too Faced palettes.

Romantic has a nice mix of shimmer and matte shades. None of the shades have glitter either!


Soulmates is a shimmery cream. I Do is a matte lavender gray. Un-Veil is a matte soft black.

Kiss the Bride is a matte pale pink. Cut the Cake is a shimmery light purple. First Dance is a deep matte purple.

Bouquet Toss is a light matte cream. Honeymoon is a shimmery antique gold. Ever After is a shimmery deep bronze.

The wonky pan does bother me a bit, but not enough to exchange it.

In the lid, there is a hidden pocket with three separate instruction cards.

The cards give ideas for different looks with the colors: Day, Classic, and Fashion.


Swatches:


I am very happy with this palette. The colors are beautiful, and the quality is great also. Well worth the $35 price tag!

6 comments:

KittenMittens said...

I need this!!

partysis said...

Darn you!!!! Purple and gold is my favorite!!

Madiha said...

OMG such pretty colors! i want this!!

My-My said...

awe man, my wishlist list is starting to overflow now, but I'm still going list. great review. While I've been so busy lemming over the naked palette, I didn't even know they came out with this. Can't wait for the Naked palette review.

Nats said...

oh wow that looks AMAZING. wannttttt

Colleen Riggins said...

mine has the wonky pan too! soo weird! love the palette though.