Saturday, December 11, 2010

Christmas Decorating

This is our first real tree, and I am very pleased with it. Even better, we get to toss it when we are done. Our family has been through a few artificial trees, and we were tired of wasting our money on something that looked terrible, and had to be thrown away every few years.


I did the lights, and my husband decorated it. I think I will let him do it every year, because I love how it turned out!


He mostly put out our hand painted and most vintage looking ornaments. My Grandma and Great Aunt painted a special ornament for my sister and me every year, so we have a lot of beautiful pieces. He put candy canes and snowflakes to finish it. This tree is a bit smaller, so we left some ornaments off and also let our kids have a small tree in their bedroom with colored lights and their favorite ornaments.

Here is a post from last year showing some of my favorite ornaments.



This is one of my favorite music boxes. It was painted my my Grandma and rescued from the give away box a few years back. All it needed was a bit of Elmer's Glue.

Venom says Ho Ho Ho!!

No comments: