Friday, December 17, 2010

Becca Beach Tint Trio Swatches and Review

Along with the Enigma Palette I decided to try Becca's Beach Tint Trio. They are described as crème stains for cheeks and lips that suit all skin types. The set has full sizes of Grapefruit, Watermelon, and Apricot (which is supposed to be a limited edition shade). Here is the set with the Enigma Palette:

The stains come in cute little tubes with a clear strip to show the color inside. They are scented like their namesake fruit. I find the scent is pleasant and not overpowering. It does fade with in a few minutes.


When I first squirted the stain out, a bit of water came out with the stain. I did shake it beforehand, but that didn't seem to work. The stain is thick like a gel and opaque.


Here are heavy swatches on my NC15 skin:


These have proven to wear all day on my cheeks without setting powder, and a couple hours on the lips. I do have to use a balm, and make sure my lips are not dry or flaky at all. On cheeks, they dry completely with out any sticky feeling. These stains are everything I wanted a cream blush to be, and I will not hesitate to try more colors.

6 comments:

aretha said...

hi martha! please do a fotd with the cheek stains? ive been thinking of getting them but becca isnt available in my country so i have to order blindly online! was thinking of ordering this set :)which is your fav color from the set?

Martha said...

Aretha, I did one with Apricot earlier this week, and I have a couple more with the other colors ready to post soon :) I'd say my favorite are Watermelon and Apricot. Grapefruit isn't as pigmented.

Jen W said...

Hey Martha, I love the Beach Tints.

I've done swatches and FOTD with the Peach Beach Tint on my blog if you want to see how it looks

Sweet as a Peach on the Beach: BECCA Beach Tint in Peach

triciathomas said...

Pretty! I am always worried a stain will look streaky.

Martha said...

Tricia- I had that problem with Benefit PosieTint. These have been much more fool proof though. You can build the color without patchiness. Highly recommended for the stain-phobic :)

superslickgloss said...

I love these - the colors look gorgeous. Not to bright and not to sheer.