Friday, September 3, 2010

Chanel Khaki Clair and Ruban Rose: Review and Swatches

Le sigh. I decided to pick up one of the new Ombre Contraste Duos recently. It was hard to keep my grabby hands under control and only choose one. I chose Khaki Clair since I don't have many green eye shadows.



Khaki Clair has a matte grayish olive drab color and a light shimmery pale that leans cool. It is almost a pale celery. Though it is very shimmery, it doesn't look overly frosty on the lid.


Here it is compared to Kaska Beige:


Khaki Clair applies smoothly and with great pigmentation. I love the color choices- classic and flattering.


I also went for another Rouge Coco lipstick. I chose Ruban Rose which is a peachy pink with slight shimmer.



Here it is compared to Chintz, which is brighter and more peach:


Rouge Cocos are very moisturizing and opaque in one swipe. They are quickly becoming my favorite formula of lipstick with a great range of colors. Le sigh.


Overall I am happy with my choices and will do a couple FOTDs with them soon.

3 comments:

Eileen said...

I love Ruban Rose. It was one of the first Rouge Coco that I bought when the line was first introduced. I also love Chintz and find that it goes with so many different things. I think of Ruban Rose as a golden peach tinged rose whereas Chintz is a lighter, brighter pink tinged peach. They're both beautiful colors.

I haven't tried the new eye shadow duos yet, but I've heard so many good things about them. You'll have to give us one of your lovely FOTDs using it :-)

Juujubez said...

Thank you soooo much for Chanel month as I have become obsessed with Chanel for the past few months! I've been to my counter so often that the SA and the owner there know me by voice -_-' lol. It's a problem. I absolutely adore your blog and think you are gorgeous! I can't wait to see more posts!

Cheryl said...

Eeeek, I think I love ruban rose! I have chintz and I love it, now debating if I should get this one too. Except I don't need anymore lipsticks.