Thursday, August 26, 2010

Rainbow Week: Red FOTD

I wanted to do a look with a bright reddish berry color, but I didn't have an eyeshadow that fit the bill. That's when I thought to dig through my blush colors. NARS Mounia was perfect! I have no idea if this is an eye-safe color, so use it at your own risk. If your retina spontaneously detaches, don't say I didn't warn you!





FACE
MUFE HD Powder as primer
NARS Sheer Glow Mont Blanc
BB Corrector Light Bisque
Revlon Antique Lace shadow to set concealer and around nose
Anastasia Brow Powder Duo Medium Ash

EYES
UDPP
NARS Mounia on lid, blended upward
MAC Cocomotion on inner corners, and blended into crease
MAC Underground Greasepaint on lower lashes
NARS Galapagos on lower lash line
MAC Blacktrack
L'Oreal Lash Out WP Black

CHEEKS
NARS Sin
NARS Laguna to contour very lightly
TheBlam Mary Lou Manzier

LIPS
BE Buxom Brandi

3 comments:

lexi920 said...

Reddish eye - you are brave! For some reason I can't do the crossover - blush as eye shadow. Hmmm...maybe something to rethink.

Eileen said...

Wow! You managed to really pull it off and beautifully, too. I'm one of those people who can wear pinks and corals on the eyes without looking like a rabbit, but I haven't been brave enough to actually try red. Hmmm . . . You've got me thinking :-)

Martha said...

Lexi- if you ever need a good pink eyeshadow, look no further than your blush :)

Thanks Eileen! I was not going anywhere, so I felt comfortable to experiment. I think black liner against the eye really helps avoid that rabbit look with reds and pinks.