Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Urban Decay Naked Palette: Review and Swatches

Urban Decay has a winner with the Naked Palette! I have had a love/hate relationship with Urban Decay over the years. I love their unique colors, but sometimes their eye shadows are loaded with glitter fallout. I am happy to report that Naked is COMPLETELY free of pesky glitter.


The palette comes packaged in a plastic sleeve with a handy travel size of their Primer Potion. I use Primer Potion daily to keep my eye shadow crease free.


A cardboard insert tells the names of the shadows and eyeliners. The actual palette is flocked which might attract fuzz, so I plan to keep the plastic sleeve.




Here you can tell the size of the Naked Palette compared to other Urban Decay palettes.



The eye shadows are all full sized, which is a great value. Inside is a double ended 24/7 eye liner in Zero and Whiskey.







Virgin is a satin cool toned pearl. Sin is a shimmery light champagne. Naked is a light neutral matte brown. Sidecar is a shimmery beige. Buck is a medium matte brown that is also neutral. Half Baked is an ultra frosty warm gold. Whiskey is a deep brown liner.


Smog is a rich shimmery bronze. Darkhorse is a deep blackened brown with a satin finish. Toasted is a frosty light bronze. Hustle is a deep brown with a subtle pink flash. Creep is a matte black with tiny silver shimmers. Gunmetal is a silvery deep gray. Zero is a deep black liner.

Overall Urban Decay did a great job with the range of shades and finishes in this palette. A must have for Urban Decay newbs and collectors alike! Naked retails for $44.

If you missed out on this palette on the Urban Decay website, have no fear- it is permanent. It is also on Sephora.com.

4 comments:

resham said...

this is so wonderful deal..Its glad UD made this one permanent...

Brianna said...

I think I need this one!!! I ended up swapping my last UD palette, the glitter was too much but this one looks perfect for me

Shannon said...

Oh man. Why did I have to see this??? I have a Bobbi Brown Neutrals palette, but this is so much better.

xtyn said...

I saw this on karla's website too! great job martha!