Thursday, July 1, 2010

Chanel Pink Explosion and Enigma: Review and Swatches

Did I say I was going to wait on Chanel Fall? Well, I did. About 30 minutes.... I ordered them over the weekend while NeimanMarcus.com had their free shipping code, and they arrived first thing this morning. It looks like there is still free shipping at any price with the code SUMMER, by the way.



First up is Pink Explosion Joues Contrast. I find Chanel blushes to be very finely milled and have just enough shimmer to give a natural glow to the skin. Pink Explosion is a bright cool pink with silver shimmer particles. Normally the shimmer in these is not separate from the blush color, but I definitely noticed some fallout from this one. The color is beautiful and can be subtle or built up more intensely. Sabrina from The Beauty Look Book has an excellent review and comparison here. She reports that Chanel used their Euro baked formula for these Joues Contrasts and I definitely noticed the difference. They are more powdery and less smooth. I also noticed the shimmer fallout. I don't think that will keep me from loving this color, but glitter haters be warned!



The Enigma Quad has one highlight and three deep smoky colors. These colors are highly pigmented! The highlight is a cool light pink with gold shimmer, very unique. The next top color is a brownish medium taupe with tiny silver glitter. The bottom has a dark gray and deep plum, both which also have silver glitter. The glitter is very fine, but again, glitter haters be warned. I hope to do a look with this later today so I can judge the colors on my skin tone, but so far it looks promising.

5 comments:

Lauren said...

This is so pretty!!! I just got Enigma and Pink Explosion last night (along with Pink Teaser Glossimer and Paradoxal nail polish). I'm so excited to try them and just had to say you look gorgeous! :)

Martha said...

Thanks Lauren, enjoy your new things!!

Sabrina said...

Late to comment but amazing swatches!!!

Martha said...

Thank you Sabrina :)

MINAKICHU said...

I like your products, I'm searching for a nice Chanel blush and your post is very helpful as I am thinking of getting Pink Explosion for my first Chanel blush:-)