Monday, May 17, 2010

Tools Of The Trade

Today I thought I would show some of my brushes. These are the essentials that I keep in my makeup bag and use daily.

These are my eyeshadow favorites :


I use the MAC 239 Eye Shader Brush for applying color to the lid area. I use the 219 Pencil Brush for depositing color in the crease and lining the lower lash line with shadow. The 217 Blending Brush is pretty self explanatory. I use it to blend out lines and blend colors together. I use a wedge sponge for blending my outermost crease color. It helps soften the edge and blend the color into my skin.

Here are a few other brushes I use for the eye area :

The Bioelements #19 is my oldest brush. It is marketed as a concealer brush, but I use it to blend cream eyeshadow and smudge bases. The Anastasia Double Ended Brush is just for my brow powder. It is convenient to have the angled brush and spoolie together. I alternate using the Sonia Kashuk Bent Brush and MAC 266 or 263 (I can't read the letters anymore) for gel eyeliner. I am using the MAC more often lately since it is great for tightlining. The Bobbi Brown puff came with my concealer kit, and I use it to set my concealer with powder.

A close up :

These are my general purpose face brushes :



I have a second MAC 217 Blending Brush for blending concealer. The MAC 129 is good for a light application of powder and sometimes blush. The Bare Escentuals brush came with a kit, and is actually quite nice. I use it for heavier application of powder foundation and for setting powder as well. NARS Yachiyo is well worth the price. I use this for perfect blush application every time. It has a way of gradually building for a natural look. It also applies perfectly to the cheekbone and apples of the cheek. MAC 187 is a multi purpose brush. I use it for appling powder very lightly, blending highlighter and blush, cleaning up eyeshadow fallout, and even applying cream blush. Some even use it for applying foundation. The mini Lancome was a freebie, but I use it for the same things as my MAC 187. It is handy to have two since I use them so frequently.

No comments: