Friday, April 16, 2010

Chanel Illusion D'Or Nail Polish Review and Swatches

Free shipping on Chanel.com means time for me to try a couple things. I already ordered Mademoiselle Rouge Coco which will be here Monday. It was back ordered, so I am amazed at how fast it will arrive. My nail polish got here in three days. I love UPS!


I got to choose two deluxe samples. I chose a Rouge Coco sampler pack and an Inimitable Noir Mascara. I have never tried Chanel mascaras, but this is nothing to write home about. I will judge the Rouge Cocos when I get my full sized one. Based on the sampler, I may be picking up another color or two.

Now on to the real gem:

Illusion D'Or is my first Chanel polish, and it would have to be unique to justify the $25 price tag. This definitely fits the bill. It is a sheer gold shimmer with larger round silver holographic pieces. The application is smooth and it does not feel chunky to the touch as some glitters can. I love how subtle it is from a distance, but how it also catches the light. I can see getting a lot of wear out of this color since it is neutral and light enough to disguise chipping and tip wear.

Check out the bling :

Now prepare yourself for the horror of my hands in macro. I am sorry.

Blurry shot to show the shimmer :

Here are the swatches of Rouge Coco :


Overall I will not hesitate to order again from Chanel.com, and this will not be my last Chanel polish.

2 comments:

Laura - Emerald Green 88 said...

So pretty! I think it'll look great as a top coat too. I'm so tempted to get a Rouge Coco!

Martha said...

Laura- I can't wait to try it over some dark colors!