Monday, March 15, 2010

MAC Liberty of London and Too Fabulous : Swatches and Reviews

I have been out of the MAC loop for awhile, and I really haven't gotten much from any of their collections for quite some time. Liberty of London and Too Fabulous had some real winners for me.

Here are swatches of everything. My skin tone is NC20.

Here are some comparisons with Frankly Fresh Lipglass:



Frankly Fresh gives me the perfect nude lip with a touch of shimmer. Here it is in a recent FOTD:


Buddy Up Mineralize Blush is pretty different from anything I own already. I tried to put it next to some colors in the same family to give you an idea of the tone. It has a glowy shimmer on the skin, but it isn't over the top. No shiny robot cheeks here.


Shell Pearl is a light pinky peach highlighter. Compared to the MAC Mineralized Skinfishes, it is less glittery. It gives a subtle glow, and I can use it on top of both pink and peach blushes.


Group shots :



The Cremesheen Glasses are very sheer with no shimmer. They leave a smooth but not sticky feeling on my lips. It is my favorite formula of lipgloss so far.

The lipliners are very soft and smooth. MAC must have reformulated their liners, because the last one I tried was like drawing on my lips with a branch. They work well under lipsticks, but I find they settle into lines if I top them with a gloss.

No comparisons with the liners or Cremesheen Glasses. I really don't own many lipliners, and these lipglosses are not close to any color I already have.


No comments: