Thursday, January 7, 2010

New Year's Ramblings: Organizing

I don't make New Year's resolutions, but I like the beginning of the year for a fresh start. This year I am working on being better organized with my time. My husband currently works from home, and sets his own schedule for working outside the home. I stay at home and home school my Kindergarten age son. This makes for a lot of leeway with time. Too much leeway.....

Currently the husband and I are having problems going to bed before 1 am. This makes for a very unproductive next morning, and the cycle continues. I also want to adopt more of a schedule for my cleaning. Flylady is awesome, but I hesitate to go into such detail right off the bat.

My plan for cleaning is to do 1 or 2 weekly chores a day. This way the house will stay clean, and I won't end up with one full day of cleaning. Further on, I plan to decide on things that need to happen every month and every 6 months. Then I can add those chores into the weekly routine so that they don't build up or get forgotten.

So far my list is :

MONDAY
*polish kitchen stainless appliances
*Clorox wipe toilets and bathroom counters

TUESDAY
*wash all sheets

WEDNESDAY
*windex windows (really only the fingerprinted ones)

THURSDAY
*clean bathrooms

FRIDAY
*vacuum
*dust
*mop floors

I also have a list of things that need to happen daily.

DAILY
*dustmop (we have a German Shepherd)
*take trash out
*wash dishes/run dishwasher
*laundry (3 kids, this is a constant)

I realize this might look a bit anal and crazy, but lately I have been sitting in my pajamas watching hairballs float by. I need the structure, and I will change this as I see what works best for me.

2 comments:

amy@cafeMakeup said...

You sound so organized!!! I love your plan!

Also, I awarded you a "tag" for a "Seven Random Facts about You" on my makeup blog, Cafe Makeup, if you are interested in participating. I'd love to learn more about my fellow beauty bloggers!!

Emily said...

I LOVE Flylady!