Monday, December 28, 2009

The Look of Love : Chanel Spring 2010 Kaska Beige Quadra

After years of resistance, I have recently entered the world of Chanel. Oh man........

I ordered the Kaska Beige Quadra and Rose Petale Joues Contraste. I was also enticed by free overnight shipping before Christmas on Saks.com. Merry Christmas to me!


First, the packaging is beautiful. The compact is a sleek black accented with the Chanel logo, and each compact is encased in a velvet pouch. I will review Rose Petale in a separate post, but let me say that I may need a few more of these beauties.


Kaska Beige has four colors- a light cream, a medium neutral brown, a shimmery golden bronze, and a deep shimmery maroon brown. The cream and medium brown on the top row both have a slight shimmer, but nothing over the top. I would call them more of a satin as they give a slight glow on the skin without being totally matte. The shimmer in the bottom row is very understated and definitely not glittery. All of the colors are well pigmented and smooth.


I have done two looks so far with this palette.

FACE
Revlon Photoready Foundation Shell
NARS Loose Powder Flesh
Bobbi Brown Corrector Light Bisque
Bobbi Brown Concealer Kit Warm Ivory
Anastasia Brow Powder Duo Medium Ash

CHEEKS
Chanel Joues Contraste Rose Petale

EYES
Urban Decay Primer Potion
Chanel Kaska Beige Quadra
MAC Blacktrack Fluidline
Bobbi Brown Black Plum Ink
L'Oreal Lash Out Waterproof Black

LIPS
Korres Cherry Oil Gloss Light Purple




FACE
Revlon Photoready Foundation Shell
NARS Loose Powder Flesh
Bobbi Brown Corrector Light Bisque
Bobbi Brown Concealer Kit Warm Ivory
Anastasia Brow Powder Duo Medium Ash

CHEEKS
MAC Tenderling
Korres Monoi Oil Bronzer Sunglow Light

EYES
Urban Decay Primer Potion
Chanel Kaska Beige Quadra
MAC Blacktrack
L'Oreal Lash Out Waterproof Black

LIPS
Bobbi Brown Beige
Korres Cherry Oil Gloss Nude



This palette is versatile, and will become a staple in my makeup routine. A great purchase for someone new to the brand, and a must have for an avid Chanel fan!



2 comments:

Maomao said...

Hey girl, just wanted to give you some cc. Plz don't be offended cuz I don't mean to be offensive! I've been looking around a lot on the MUA FOTD boards and have seen like all your posts as of late. You have amazing FOTDs that make you look like the sweetest girl on earth. You are definitely queen of neutrals! BUT I would LOOOOVE if you did a crazy look one day, just for fun, like a really smokey eye or some crazy colors. Just a thought!

I'm enjoying your blog too. Keep at it!

Martha said...

Thank You :) I definitely will do some different looks on here!